Project Legacies

Have you ever had one of those moments when something happens and you feel it was meant to be? Earlier this week, I was in a meeting and was asked if I had ever reviewed the projects I have worked on over the past few years? I thought it would be a good idea to go back and review these lagacies. and started to think about how to go about this.

That very same day I bumped into Jo and Jenny, who I worked with on the Knitting Communities Togther Project, in poundland and they told me all about a wonderful initiative they had worked on last year, making knitted poppies and selling them to raise money for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. In total they raised £497.92 in donations from their knitted poppies - something that kind of blew my mind.



This wreath is so loved that it will be kept inside and only bought out, for the remembrance room, once a year!

I was absolutely thrilled to hear that the Knitting Communties Together project was very much alive, still connecting adults with learning disabilities with the local community. It's so amazing that all those little stitches, my grandma and mum taught me, have been passed on to others and that they are doing so much good in my local community.



I felt, somehow this chance encounter was telling me to keep going and keep flying the flag for arts for health and wellbeing. Something is definately telling me that it is worth all the hard work. I will keep on keeping on - Lisa
Knitting Communities Together - evaluation report, in case you want to find out more: https://sites.create-cdn.net/…/…/EVALUATION_REPORT_FINAL.pdf

Comments